Saturday 13 October 2012

September and October 2012 - Happy Birthday to me and to all beautiful Librans!!

Hmmm, don't know where to start, really.

Okay, remember in my last post that I said that I'll be going to Bali in search of the Mola mola Sunfish? Will let you know in a bit :).

September 2012
Before going for my dive trip, I had an assignment of packing 250 packs of food for a futsal competition event in Subang Jaya. My loadfull-ness assignment so far, I asked a favor from a friend to help me out the night before the event. After a couples of hours of cooking and packing, I soon realised that 2 tired gals ain't enough to handle it. So, I called another friend at 3.00 o'clock in the morning to help us out. Even with 3 peeps, it was quite tough, but then we managed to finish the task. The food packs and drink containers were cramped in 2 cars and off we went to Sports Planet Subang Grand and served the participants. I really appreciate my friends help, without them I guess I'll still be frying the mee hoon till the game finish. Well, experiences for all of us - now they know how it is like to cook all night long. :)
Jo's attempt to cook. It only lasted for 3 mins :).
Spoket efficient packing skills.






At the venue.

and drinks.
Arranging the food
The event
 
My ultra useful multi-container used to store my hot teh 'o', since I do not have a proper drink container.


After the event, had a couple of hours sleep and then went for Raya open houses
(yes, we were still raya-ing that time) and the whole Klang Valley roads were in a stand still - one of the worst jam ever! I practically cursed all the way from PJ to Puchong to Bangsar to Denai Alam. By the time I reached home from all the houses, I was already flat on the bed.

A week after that, my much needed break, to Bali! I was there for 6 days/5 nights (too long actually!), but then, it was just pure leisure and a holiday therapy. Also cold, cold water and Mola mola! Yeaps, I was lucky to get to see the Sunfish after my 2nd time diving in this part of Bali and a photo to proof it:
Mola mola at 40 metres depth and 19 degress celcius water!

  Yeah, yeah I know, am not as near like this photo I posted in my earlier blog:
Photo by Daniel Botelho

but at least I saw one! Worth the trip! Maybe next time I will get to see it face-to-face, eye-to-eye. :) I also saw these:
Mantas
and more mantas.

Leaf fish
Woo hoo! ;D

Enough of diving, now have to focus back on the business.

October 2012
Just FYI, I've just finished an assignment a few hours ago, came back, grab a bite and updated this blog.

Two days ago, a friend called up and asked me if I can cater food for her birthday party at Backyard, Sri Hartamas for 30-40 people. Of course I said yes and she wanted fried mee hoon, I suggested to her roasted chicken instead of fried chicken wings (it's not really that healthy too, the wings especially, because there's where they are injected with whatever stuff and normally where most of the chemicals are at) and tiramisu cuppies.

So earlier today, I cooked and somehow I didn't manage to finish the tiramisus at home - half of them I made it at the restaurant's kitchen. They were kind to let me use it for an hour or so and use their fridge to chill the cuppies. It's getting to be a habit for me to use someone's kitchen and I think I should. It gives me the opportunity to see how they work and the state of the kitchen - good, bad, messy, clean or nightmarish! Well, this one I can still cope.

Photos that I managed to take (whatever's left):
The starship tiramisu cuppy

Imagine: One big tray of fried mee hoon and one tray of roasted chicken (48 pieces)
Seriously, I really need someone to tag along to take photos of the catered food while I run all over the place. I am so hopeless when it comes to that! :P Anyhow, am glad that my friend and guests enjoyed it and great band they have tonight. New business with new clients soon, insyaallah! ;)

Oh, I've just turned a year older this month as well, so 'Happy Birthday to Me'! :P
I have no idea what cake this is that my brother bought from Secret Recipe. And yes, the kitchen is closed during my day, don't expect me to cook or bake anything.


Done! Now I can sleep! Ta! Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz....


No comments:

Post a Comment