Monday 10 September 2012

New post, like err, 2 months later.

So much for updating the last post the next day :P. Two months later and when boredom strikes because I can't sleep - a new post is finally written.

The follow up from the Zephyr and Bjorn's wedding in July which I wrote halfway, here are a couple of kiddie meal photos that the photographer managed to take: 

Yes, he's not a kid...
and yes, those are Angry Bird tags on the not-so-mini burgers. :)



Oh well, at least I can keep these for memories eh. :)

Two weeks later, I participated in a bazaar held by Switchblade, a friend's restaurant in Dutamas, KL in conjunction of their 2nd Anniversary. Took 2 tables and did quite a good sale of them baked goodies. I guess, the smell of freshly baked chicken pies from my trusty small electric oven attracted the crowd as well - just guessing, hehe :D. Anyways, thanks to Asep and Deni for organizing a great bazaar. And also Ana, my good friend and assistant for that day.




Cupcakes, brownies and chicken pies.

Me chowing down 2 and a half hotdogs in 3 minutes in a hotdog eating competition. :P
Somehow after the bazaar, I get orders pouring in for the chicken pies. During the bazaar,
it was my first time making them. A trial, but it came out well, and I am glad that those who ordered enjoyed them pies. A journalist friend ordered a day before puasa, and I told him to let me know what he thinks about them, through SMS. He, however, posted his comments in FB, which made me a bit shy shy cat (malu-malu kucing) :P. But thanks to that, the sales have been good after the review:
  
By Mohd Hazli 'Bobo' Hassan
Lovely, tasty, can't resist

Ok, i was told to do a review on this chicken pie. It was baked by Ummi (
http://mybrowngula.blogspot.com/).

I was 45 minutes late to pick-up this chic pie after 2 of my kittens went ill. So after the pick-up and on the way to the vets, the fresh baked smell from the pie cant let me concentrate on the driving (including the gruelling sound from the kittens).



And it was a bit jammed on the way, so, I decided to have a bite, ya first it was have a bite.
I took out one of the pie, it is still warm and it went in my mouth. Although I'm a chicken pie addict, ya i've eaten a RM50 chic pie (not that chic la, peas and carrots perhaps), I cant gulp through the whole lot. The size for this pie (RM5 each) is quite big. So I manage to have the top of the pie skin on my left and right was handling the steering.

Its very different from the normal chicken pie I've tasted. The pie skin is so soft like a curry puff (karipap in out terms) and melt in your mouth. ya, it melts away, very soft.

After manage to have all the top skin, I dive in for more.

This was the ultimate of a chicken pie, the inside. The first look was tempting. There is no green and orange color domnating the pie (the green peas and carrot lah). it is full of chicken meat. You have to go thru the chicken meat to get a single peas. The taste is so good and the chicken meat is so tender.


It was heaven for me but I'm still driving. may be a bit salty (ya my taste buds a bit seasonlah and it is subjective. Younger people i think is ok) but, I went thru until the base of the chicken pie.

What I can say is that, this home made chicken pie is worth of buying (RM5 only per pcs) and may be you can ask to be baked less salty lah.


I bought the pie and its was not given to me to have this review. For a scale of 10, I give it a 12. :)

Thanks Bobo. Also, received an order for Nasi lemak with ayam goreng rempah - all 15 

bungkus by a friend who 'belanja' the Pantai Dalam Hospital nurses who had been taking care of his wife and baby.


August was the holy fasting month, and as usual,I will take orders for raya cookies (pineapple tarts, chocolate chip cookies, honey cornflakes & mama carrie) from friends, new customers and relatives. Orders have increased this year, Alhamdulillah. The last cookies delivery was to Puchong at 2 o'clock in the morning (!), a few hours before Raya day. Hopefully they enjoyed their raya orders. Yeap, no photos, was too busy to even take a single shot. Typical me :).
Raya Aidilfitri falls on 18th August and normally my house will be the hub for relatives to come over. By afternoon, I've already put a 'Do not disturb' sign on my door and slept! Replacing the lost hours of sleep from the night bakings for the past month. Oh yes, I didn't get into any car accidents this year due to lack of sleep. That was a fortunate! XP



 
  
 

I was prepared for loads of open houses and eating sessions. I've piled up more kilos than what I've lost during fasting month! Aaargh! :P

After a chaotic one month, I've decided to give myself a much needed break - a pre-Merdeka scuba dive trip to Tioman after months of not dipping my fins in salt water. It was a relaxed couple of days of pure leisure - just did 4 dives only. I love diving and I would love to share you some photos of the underwater world!

Hundreds of fishes under Kg. Salang jetty
A bubble coral shrimp

A cuttlefish

A moray eel
A big crab during night dive
Nudibranch (sea slugs)
KM Sipadan - A ship wreck dive
Happy Merdeka Day, Malaysia!













More photos in my FB album. Next week, I'm off to Bali in search for the Mola Mola (Ocean Sunfish), which comes up from the deep sea to the surface to clean themselves up every 3 months (July, August and September) in a year. Not all who dive there can get to see this fish, so wish me luck! 

Mola Mola - Photo by Daniel Botelho


To end this post that took me hours to finish, I would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone, "Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri, Maaf Zahir dan Batin"! 0-0 ya! :)


From the Rosli clan, 'Selamat Hari Raya'!


No comments:

Post a Comment