Thursday 14 June 2012

MIA person is back and posting!

Ok, let's see. It has been like 1,2,3,4 months since I last updated the blog? Me and my blogs, I really need to regularly post at least something! O_o

Well, enough of that. Posting some photos of the orders and happenings during the last few months:

March
Did I tell you that this is my first time baking cheese tarts? I guess not. Well, these are the first ever batch of tarts that I made - Blueberry and Chocolate Chip. It turned out alright and I have altered it throughout the months. Them tarts looks much better now and they have the right mould to be baked in. Prices for tarts available here :)

 

The same day I baked the tarts was my sis's birthday. So, rather than baking her a cake (which was my initial plan), I decided to bake 2 extra large cheese tarts instead, because I had a lot of leftover crust and cheese fillings. Did fondant deco on top of each, Mr. Sponge Bob and the Cow (she calls herself Madsusu eons ago and it sticks till today).

Sis and her daughter (my niece) who celebrates 'her' birthday like 10 times a year :)

April
I was away for a couple of weeks during this month, half dead climbing Mount Kinabalu, Sabah, trying to get to its peak. I didn't reach it tho due to exhaustion and the cold, but


no worries - I've already booked to torture myself again next year! :P Anyways, after I was back, I received a couple of orders.

Order from a friend for his office mates - Tiramisu cupcakes and cheese tarts (Blueberry, Choc Chips and Nutella). And these are for breakfast!

 
Another friend ordered pineapple tarts and chocolate chip cookies (which I didn't take photos of it).


May
Their birthdays are just one month apart, but the family decided to combine the celebration to this month. I had a plan to bake a nice cake for this 2 cuties, but it was a busy day. All I did was a chocolate moist cake and the writing turned out really ugly because it just melted away. It was a very warm day after all. Girls, Auntie Ummi owe you a much better looking cake next year, ok. Promise.

Anggun and Rayhana celebrating together.
A week later, one red velvet cake order from a friend.


A few days later, a couple more orders. One brownie and blueberry cheese cake from friends as well.


Nah, I didn't bake these. They're Dunkin' Donuts, my favourite! I haven't had this for a loooooong time and as you can see, they have gone colourful these days. The double choc are the ones that I will always buy when I go to their shop last time, and they're still on the top of the Dunkin's list.



Some more - tester cupcakes and one tiramisu order.

Oh another birthday in the family, my youngest sis birthday. Baked her a simple vanilla cake with chocolate butter cream toppings and sugar flowers, whom my eldest niece, Nisryn so excited to plant them on the cake - and all eaten by her younger sister, Rayhana.

These kids look familiar, aren't they?

Last but not least for the month of May 2012, I finally got my cupcake courier! I saw this in my friend's FB photos, and maybe some of you already have it, but I just told myself that I REALLY HAVE TO HAVE IT! Oh, she's residing in US of A anyway. That was a couple of months back. Recently this month, while browsing through my Groupon mails, they had this offer for the cupcake courier and I couldn't resist. I immediately click on the 'Buy' button and thought hopefully I can get to pay my credit card bill next month! :P  It was delivered a week after and when my friend said that it's a good deal, bills aside, I was really happy to own it! Something to put my cupcakes in without making a mess and box free. Finally!


Yaay! :)

June
Officially the month of June, which is the month of all events that I should be writing for in this post - I had a couple of orders so far and hopefully more.

A friend commissioned me to bake a cake for his friends - A farewell and a birthday on one cake and I came out with this idea. Cake is red velvet with loads of cream cheese filling and topping. And also some fondant deco on the cake. Not really happy with the results because it was quite messy and uneven, but they like it anyways. :) More practice and focus on presentation next time. BTW, the Sea Shepherd logo was NOT easy to do! Pengsans!

Farewell to a friend who's off to China and a birthday to another.

 Two days later, nasi lemak with rendang chicken orders for breakfast, yo! And a few more bungkus a week later.



Phew! After being MIA for a long time, you guys will have to read one long post. Hopefully I can update regularly after this. Till then, folks! Loves! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment